Every child entering a Florida school for the first time needs the Florida Certification of Immunization form (also known as Form 680 or “blue card”). This form must be completed by a physician or a Florida county health department. Please note: Form 680 may be printed on blue or white paper; as long as the form is certified, it is an official form.
Submitting out-of-state/country records for transfer
Complete/submit the following information to DOH-Alachua at least three weeks prior to school orientation/registration:
- Copies of child's immunization records with the name and date of birth on each page. Send former physicians this authorization form to disclose confidential information if needed to obtain records.
- Completed out-of-state/country immunization records transfers form.
- Copy of valid driver's license/passport of parent completing form.
Keep copies for your records; never submit original documents. Make sure writing is legible.
Submit documentation by one of the following options:
- Option 1: Fax documents to DOH-Alachua at 352-334-7943
- Option 2: Mail documents to Florida Department of Health in Alachua County, ATTN: Immunizations, 224 SE 24th Street; Gainesville, FL 32641
- Option 3: Drop documents off in person at one of DOH-Alachua office locations:
All records will be processed within 48 hours of receipt. A nurse will notify parent/guardian when record is entered into FLShots and advise parent/guardian if child will need additional vaccines. Illegible/incomplete patient information will not be processed.
Copies of immunization records can be picked up in person at DOH-Alachua office. Records cannot be faxed or emailed back.