School Health Program
The school nurse is an important partner in ensuring that students are healthy and ready to learn. Each school has a health clinic and a full time school health aide available to provide first aid and administration of medication for your child. The Florida Department of Health in Alachua County has a team of registered nurses who are assigned to each school in our County.
All students in Alachua County schools including charter and church schools are eligible for basic school health services.
School Health Services
- Hearing, vision and scoliosis screenings
- Height and weight measurements
- First Aid
- Medication administration
- Health education
- Head lice checks
- Review of students medical history
- Registered Nurse available for special health care needs of students
- Teen parent program
- Influenza vaccines with parent permission
- Health counseling and referrals for additional services
- Student immunization compliance