Regional Resources and Services
HIV Primary Medical Care
Florida Department of Health in Alachua County provides medical care and case management to anyone who is eligible and tests positive for HIV. To determine eligibility, please call Eligibility Determination Services at Catholic Charities at 352-378-2868 or 1-866-901-9646.
Please also visit the Florida Department of Health in Alachua County's website for more information on primary care.
Other nearby Counties:
DOH Citrus: 352-527-0068
Putnam County Family Medical Interlachen (specialty clinic): 386-684-4914
DOH Marion: 352-629-0137
Ryan White Program
The Ryan White program is a federally funded program designed to offer HIV positive persons assistance with services not covered under other programs. Ryan White funds are dollars of last resort.
To see if you are eligible...
Please call Patient Care Programs (Toll Free) 1-866-901-9646
Priority Assistance Categories are:
- Mental Health Services
- Medical Case Management
- Dental Services
Other Services that could be available as funding allows:
- Payment of Insurance Premiums
Ryan White will provide services as funding allows. Each case manager is responsible for prioritizing services and must manage their budget accordingly.
To access services...
For existing clients, call your case manager or call 1-800-972-6399.
Housing Opportunities Program (HOP)
HOP is a federally funded program designed to provide resources and incentives for meeting the housing needs of people infected with HIV.
To be eligible for services a client must meet these three criteria:
- Be a resident in Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Sumter, Suwannee and Union counties
- Be able to provide verification of their medical disability
- Provide verification for meeting the federal low-income guidelines.
To Obtain Services
Call (352) 372-1422 or toll-free 1-800-525-4540. (HOP services are not provided at the Florida Department of Health in Alachua County.)
From a home base at the Florida Department of Health in Alachua in Gainesville, the Area 3/13* Minority AIDS Coordinator, or MAC, serves as Community Liaison, Resource Officer, and Program Consultant from the Department of Health's Bureau of HIV/AIDS to the minority population of fifteen counties in North Central Florida.
The MAC provides or coordinates services to community-based organizations and concerned individuals serving the needs of minorities infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. These include:
- Organizational Capacity Building Workshops
- Links to local, state, and federal Funding Opportunities
- Cultural Competency/Awareness Training
- HIV/AIDS Pre- and Post-test Counseling/Testing** (Opens new window)
- Community Health Educational Presentations
- Links to Support Groups
- Coordinates community planning programs/activities
- Linkage to Treatment and Care for HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis/STDs
- Other Health Care Services
WE ARE HERE TO SERVE
For information or assistance:
"Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing."
For more information call 352-334-7900 or email: 313HIV@flhealth.gov.