Foreign Travel Services
Travel immunizations are given at the Main Gainesville Clinic, by appointment only. Appointments are available on select days and times, please call for more information. The cost includes a consultation fee as well as a fee for any vaccines received. Appointments are limited, so we recommend scheduling as soon as possible. Clients must arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment to complete registration. Please call (352) 334-8849 to schedule an appointment.
Once you have scheduled your foreign travel appointment, please be aware of the following:
- The consultation fee is $40 per person and $80 per family per trip. A family can consist of 2 parents and/or legal guardians and unlimited children under age 18 living within that legal custodial group, or a parent and one or more children under 18 living within that legal custodial group. Additional adults will be charged $40 per person. Families can choose to schedule separate initial appointments; however they will be subject to the family charge for each separate consultation if that consultation includes one parent or guardian and at least one other child. If you need multiple shots and you prefer not to have them all during your initial consultation, you may receive shots for the same trip during a future visit without additional consultation fees; however the applicable vaccine fees will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
- There is an additional cost for each vaccine.
- We accept cash, check or credit card as payment of services
- Appointments will range from 30 minutes to 2 hours or more depending on the number of people in your party and the destination you are traveling to.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete registration. You must have your paperwork completed prior to registration. Clients that do not arrive early whose registration is not completed by their appointment time may be required to reschedule. We reserve the right to reschedule any client more than 15 minutes late for the appointment.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Also, please make sure to bring the following things to your appointment:
- A copy of your itinerary containing a list of the areas you will be traveling and estimated time of stay per area.
- Small ice chest: One of the vaccines offered requires refrigeration.
- In order to provide the most expeditious and cost effective service, you should bring your shot records to your appointment. Previous shot records can be obtained from your parents, your high school and/or college, or your health care provider. If your shot records are unavailable, your appointment may need to be rescheduled until the documentation is provided. If you are unable to obtain prior shot records, per your request we will provide all applicable vaccinations required for the country you are traveling to.
- International Certificate of Vaccination: Yellow Book (If previously issued)
- Photo ID
- Print, fill out, and bring the Travel Screening Questionnaire to your visit.
Forms to Bring With You
Please print, fill out, and bring the following forms with you to your visit:
- Foreign Travel Questionnaire
- Initiation of Services
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- ACHD Financial Responsibility for Immunization Fees
- Yellow Fever Information
- Foreign Travel Checklist
- HIE (Health Information Exchange) Opt Out
- HIE (Health Information Exchange) Opt Out Spanish
- Revocation of HIE Opt Out
- Revocation of HIE Opt Out Spanish
- Telehealth Informed Consent Information Sheet
- Telehealth Informed Consent Information Sheet Spanish